Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm a chicken goalie....ok, not really!

It was a chance in a lifetime..."but I'm not good enough", I kept thinking...
"what if I fail"
"what if she doesn't think I'd work out"

So many 'what-ifs ...' makes me cower in fear.

I tell you this to say, you aren't alone! How many times have you had the opportunity to do something and chickened out? What is that dream you are wanting to pursue and have convinced yourself that you can't - you know what? Life is too short. Traffic is too tiring (something I've learned this week already)! And having a boss...well...isn't you!

Eleanor Roosevelt once said:
I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him.

Wow- amazing!
Franklin D. Roosevelt also said:
We have nothing to fear but fear itself!

I guess the Roosevelt's know a little something about fear...after all - the Great Depression, World War II, fight with Polio, Nation's unrest...you know the usual! When I put it in that perspective I realize my life is so mi-nut (help me out, Gladys)- it's RIDICULOUS.

It's when you are on the edge of a true adventure that you can either step off or fly...that's where I am -
And I promise no more confusing posts for a while - I also promise that I will reveal my adventure!! :)

In other news,
I started a super cool project - it's called the 101 in 1001 days!
It's 101 goals
in 1001 days (approximately 3 years)

And one of my goals is to inspire 3 people to do the same! Won't you be my inspiree? :)

It's hard to really plan for this year, next year...hey really who remembers their New Year's Resolutions? Yea, me either! So for a change, I'm working towards building 3 years worth of great goals!!

Start date: October 5, 2010
Ends: July 2, 2013!!

At that point I will be almost 29 (WOW), married for almost 6 years (together for almost 13!), and HOPEFULLY at the point where I really know what I want to do for the rest of my life (yea, I know - who am I kidding?!!)!

I'll be sharing my list tomorrow - stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment